Saturday, May 5, 2012

Wk1 Leadership Blog Post





Well... We all knew this day was fast approaching, the day to decide whether we were going to publish an article or do a presentation at a conference based on our Action Research (AR) projects. 

I'd be lying if I told you that I didn't give this much thought or even told you that I wasn't nervous. I'm petrified. Though, at the same time, excited to finally share my passion and goals at the regional level! 

Now, I have always given myself credit as a super communicator with strong writing skills. I've published a number of pieces already, such as Virtual Iraq: Virtual Therapy Helps Vets Coping With Stress and YouMedia Records: Youth Producing Art for Social Change. However, as foolish as this might sound, I am not the best when it comes to delivering presentations. All throughout high school and my undergrad college, I was extremely nervous at the thought of public speaking. At the mere age of 24, I have acknowledged that it is time to step up to the plate to pioneer change in this new eLearning era. Therefore, I need to face my fears. I need embrace this demon. I need to get out of my comfort zone. I need to... grow

Fellow EMDT cohort and staff: I just submitted an application to present my very first workshop at the Illinois Education & Technology (IETC) Conference! http://www.il-edtech.org 




Stay turned for my Wk2 Leadership Blog Post for the complete scoop on why I chose this conference, where it will be held, what exactly I will be doing! 

-Shrav


1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing your thought process and good luck.

    ReplyDelete