Saturday, October 15, 2011

PE4_Basecamp

Hello again ETC'sters,

You may be wondering what Basecamp has to do with impacting music. As you might already know, my AR project will be conducted in a workshop designed to elicit music's capacity to inspire social change within inner-city adults. One of the key regulations behind any successful workshop is solid project management.

Hence, I had an assignment to create a RILS (Relevant and Innovative Learning Scenario) lesson plan, centered on a Web 2.0 tool with great potential to elevate learning. The tool I chose was Basecamp (http://basecamphq.com), a web-based project management and collaboration tool traditionally used by corporate businesses to manage all phases of a project from milestones, file sharing, and assigning tasks.

As you can see in the last uploaded image, it makes tracking and completing your project a lot more organized and convenient. In my internship, we are currently jump-starting and designing an e-commerce website, and will be presenting our start-up project, HiveMind (http://hiveviral.com/) to a group of Venture Capitalists at Google at the end of the month. To ensure our team gets everything down packed and ready to present, the objectives of this RILS lesson plan include: 1) Make team based project management more efficient and reliable 2) Allow my team mates and I to track and achieve milestones 3) Allow my team mates and I to document and communicate our tasks accordingly. I first became intrigued with the use of a web-based project management tool, when my MLT instructor at Full Sail University, Beth Strudgeon introduced us to Wiggio ("A completely free, online toolkit that makes it easy to work in groups"). Boy, did it make my work with Synergy 6 in MLT a lot easier! Now, since I am working on a corporate project now, Basecamp is the perfect fit to see how well we manage our work.        Here is the account that my team and I have created...       
        Some of the included features are a largely visible calendar to note events and milestones (such as our dry-run next Monday), a feature to send messages, a feature to track and assign tasks to each other, and also a feature to upload various files. I'm excited to see how well we can all pick this up!        Stay tuned for the next update on this awesome Web 2.0 tool!        Shrav

No comments:

Post a Comment